Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Love a Local Business and enter to win an iPad2!!






My friend Susan is an amazing seamstress. She creates fabulous, modern items that she sells in her store – Freshly Picked. I found out that Intuit is having a Love a Local Business Campaign, and I’d love to help her expand her business to the next level with a $25,000 grant. Wouldn’t that be awesome??







I met Susan last year at my Holiday Cookie Exchange. She has the most darling little boy and we just hit it off. Her little boy left his stuffed bear at my house and I ended up mailing the bear back to them. I was so surprised and delighted when Susan sent me a handmade wallet as a thank you.




It was my first real introduction to her shop and I fell in love with her items!!







She makes the most amazing little children’s moccasins! What a heirloom to keep.







Plus amazing modern pillows, walletsand bags. They kind of have a nautical vibe.










And, Susan also has a blog – Freshly Pickedwhere she shares all sorts of awesome ideas and tutorials, like this Crafty Tool Belt. I love it!







As soon as I heard about Intuit's Love a Local Business Campaign I knew I wanted to nominate Susan since she is local to me and her shop is so inspiring!!


I love the idea of supporting our local handmade businesses I think it’s so important.





Intuit is awarding over $1 Million in Intuit Small Business Grants!I love this!





Here’s how you can help:

Click here.



  1. Click on "I'm a Fan of a Local Business."



  2. Type "Freshly Picked" in the search bar.



  3. Click on "Freshly Picked" in Provo, UT.



  4. VOTE!




That's all you have to do - and Freshly Picked could win a $25,000 business grant!












And this is SO cool - if you leave a comment about what business YOU would like to start, you can win an iPad 2. 



{I've turned off my regular comments -- to leave a comment and be entered to win an iPad2, respond in the Intuit box below}



Have you ever dreamed of starting YOUR own business? What dream business would you love to start? By replying you will be entered to win an iPad 2!



This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Intuit’s Love A Local Businesscompetition. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs August 10 to September 1, 2011. A random winner will be announced by September 6, 2011. Official Contest Rules 






So cool!!


















PS -- I am over at Amanda's Serenity Now blog today in her very cool series -- Blogging and Beyond  - sharing some of my Blogging tips and tricks. Come on over and say hi :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...