Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 22, 2011

Stenciled Pillows {tutorial} -- New Martha Stewart Decorative Paint Line!!







Last week I came home to a big box of craftiness!! 






 It was the new Martha Stewart Crafts Decorative Paint Line. And let me tell you - this line has things that have never been available before!! 





For one thing, the colors of this line are beautiful -- 160 colors to choose from, in all sorts of finishes: Glitter, Pearl, Satin and High Gloss!!





I love this idea -- there are special applicator tops that convert paint bottles into tools!! So you can add your paint to the bottle and then screw on an applicator top and you are ready to stencil without having to keep dipping your roller in a paint tray. Not only is it convenient but it also saves on materials and clean up!!







And my favorite thing might be the revolutionary Spray Paint Kit that lets you turn any Martha Stewart paint color into a spray paint.



{What??? Yes, it's true!!!} 

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I am not going to be boxed into a project just based on the limited spray paint colors that are available at the hardware store. Now I have 160 colors of spray painting options for projects. This is genius!!





Plus, there are really cool mediums like Chalkboard, Gilding, Glow-in-the-Dark, Etching, Metal Primer and they work on all crafting surfaces including
wood, metal, glass, ceramic, Terra-cotta and fabric.  PLUS,  it's
indoor/outdoor safe and  is dishwasher-safe when used on glass. And it's non-toxic, so it's safe to use around your kiddos. Amazing!! 




 Just think of the project possibilities - the sky's the limit!! 






I was on vacation when my package arrived, so I only had one day to play with the products, but I am SO excited to try out all of the different products in this line.






And the stencils are FAB!!







I made a few different pillows for my new Kitchen Makeover.






Stenciled Pillows Tutorial:







 




  • Measure your pillow form and add 2 inch to the width and length of your pre-washed fabric.



 


  • Add Paint and Fabric Medium to Roller Container.













  • I found the trick was to roll the paint on and then use the smaller sponge to smooth the paint over the fabric. This smoothed the paint and made the surface even. 



  • Then, once the painted dried, I ironed the pillow fronts to "set" the paint. This makes the paint washable.



  •  The last thing I did was I sewed the pillows together. And guess what?? I made my first zippered pillows. So fun!! A tutorial on that coming up soon!! 



 

I also made two other pillows using Martha Stewart supplies. The first was I made over this star pillow. I used the Spray Paint Kit. It was incredible. It works just like regular spray paint!! It is a little pricey -- so save your 40% off coupons :) **I have a link to a coupon at the bottom of this post.






Then I used one of the special brushes to make lines on the pillow. I love that it looks hand done!




 






And the last pillow I made I added rows of ruffle fabric and stenciled the word "Family" with another of the Martha Stewart Stencils.





I had such a ball experimenting with this new Martha Stewart craft line, brought to you exclusively by Plaid Crafts. The product is available at Michaels stores in the US and
Canada starting the last week of August. You will love all of the possibilities this new line will bring to your creative projects!!




**Here is a link to a 40% off Michael's coupon




All opinions are 100% mine.


Full post disclosure here.





And, there are so many wonderful tutorials using this line coming up in the next two weeks from dozens of creative bloggers. I can't wait to see all of the fun projects!! Be sure to check out the ones today from: 



Have a Wonderful Day!! 




And if you want more information, here's a video from Martha demonstrating this line:























xoxo




PS -- If you want to win some product from this new Martha Stewart Craft Paint line, some giveaways will be coming up. I'll let you know about them. So stay tuned :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...